My Story

domingo, noviembre 07, 2004

No classes for one week

This week was a good one, because we didn't have classes at all. Originally, the holiday was until Wednesday, but our school decided to give us the whole week as a mid-term vacation, and we won't complain about it. Most people went to the Salinas (the beach) and some others went to Baños. I stayed in the city because my parents would work on Monday, and also because I had arranged some activities with my friends.

On Monday I received my new computer, and I'm very happy with it. It has a Pentium 4 2.8 processor and 512 266Mhz Ram. It also has an Asus Radeon 9200 video card with 128 Ram memory and a 160 Gb Hard disk. I'm sure I won't have to worry about getting a new computer for quite some time. I spent the whole afternoon copying and organizing the pictures and documents from my old PC to the new one. I also updated my antivirus and downloaded some useful software.

Tuesday wasn't big deal. I just stayed at home and roamed around before reading the book they gave us for school. We are supposed to read some stories of Gabriel García Marquez, which are very abstract (at least for me) and hard to understand if you don't pay full attention to them.

On Wednesday I went to a friend's house (Santiago Montesdeoca a.k.a. "Santy") to celebrate his birthday. We decided to meet at his house after lunch, and I arrived there around 15:00. We played table tennis and "Raje-Ball", which is just violent soccer (hahaha). In the evening we did some diving in his cold freezing swimming pool. It was a very cool day and I'm sure we all had a lot of fun.

On Thursday morning I had to go to school to do some kind of rehearsal for our Spanish monologue. I think our group had one of the best performances, because most of the rest of students didn't have a good monologue and the others didn't show up. After like one hour working on this representation, I left for maths "training", because on Friday I would go with a group of 11th Grade students to a Maths contest in the "Espol" as a substitute contestant so that I knew how this match is, because my teacher wants me to participate in next year's event.

I went home at 13:30 and I spent the rest of the afternoon doing useless stuff like playing video games or so.

Friday was a cool day; in the morning I went to that contest and in the afternoon I went to the movies. In the Espol, while my teammates did their test, the rest of the teachers and students were taken to another room, where we were shown videos about different maths facts, like where does the pi number come from. It wasn't really boring, but neither was it really interesting, however, now I know how that funny number is calculated and who discovered the way of adding another way of punishing us in maths.

After that, I went to a friend's house, where I had to fix his computer because he had gotten the Sasser Virus and after that we went to San Marino (Shopping Center), where we watched "Dodgeball" and finished the game "Time Crisis 3". We also played Counter Strike at a cyber café nearby. That day was really cool.

On Saturday I went to watch the show of "Cirque Dreams". It was interesting.

Sunday wasn't also big deal. I stayed the whole afternoon at home doing stuff in my computer and surfing the web because I had nothing better to do.