My Story

miércoles, noviembre 17, 2004

Posting at school.... "1809 – 1810 Mientras llega el día"

Today I'm posting at school, because I don't have anything else to do (well, I do: I have some homework left, but I'm not in the mood to do it now)

Yesterday it was exam day; in the first hour we did a maths exam. It wasn't very hard, but it wasn't easy at all. Everyone tried to solve correctly as many exercises as possible, and many didn't finish the whole exam. Actually, I finished like ten minutes before time was up, but while I was checking my exam, I found a mistake and spent the rest of my time (and a few bonus minutes) in trying to fix that mistake, and in the end, I wasn't very sure if what I did was right.

The rest of the day was like any other, except for the fact that I didn't have much homework to do.

Wednesdays have always been great days. We began our school day with two hours of sport. Then we had Biology, and as expected, our test were given back to us. It was almost unbelievable to me, but I got a good grade despite all the stuff I wrote.

The best of today, was that we were taken to the movies (or more exactly, the MAAC: Museo Antropológico y de Arte Contemporáneo) to watch "1809 - 1810 Mientras llega el día", an Ecuadorian movie about the massacre of the prisoners on the 2th August 1810, after what was done for independence in 1809. I found the movie interesting, because it showed us a bit more of what happened during this period of time. Although it contained one or two bloody scenes (for example: the corpse of a beheaded man, and his head lying on his side) and some violent ones (like the moment all the prisoners were being shot at), I could say that you should watch this movie to get a better idea of what the independence of Ecuador was like, and on a scale from 1 to 10 I'd give it a 8.5.

However, I must say that we couldn't enjoy the movie very much, because on one part, we had to watch it without audio (like for 10 -15 seconds), because there had been a problem, and also because all the 8th, 9th and 10th grades were going, so screams, conversations and stupid commentaries were heard during the film.

After watching the movie, we came back to school. It was almost time to go, so I picked up my stuff and went to buy a sandwich. I had to work from 13:30 to 14:10, with my anti-drug-group. We discussed what we could do to prevent that more people started consuming drugs and we decided, that we would focus our work in the 5th and 6th grades.

But then, I had nothing else to do from 14:10 to 16:20, because I wasn't allowed to listen to the talk that was being given to the teachers about teenagers' problems and this kind of stuff, so I had nothing left to do than to go to the library and try to do something interesting on the computers.

Now, I'm posting at the school library, because I have nothing else to do. Now I have to leave because the woman here is already throwing us out.