My Story

domingo, marzo 12, 2006

Italy...

Today we are leaving Italy after almost a week of travelling. Our journey started in Stuttgart - Germany the 6th of March, with our first train going to Florence (Firenze). After arriving there and waiting a very long time for two of my friends to come, we finally got on the train, and arrived to Florence the next day at 5 in the morning. (>_<)

We almost saw all the sights we had in mind that first day in Florence, so the next day we made a trip to Venice (around 4 hours by train). Venice is definitely a place you want to stay in for a few days: the water all around you, the people, the food... it is absolutely nice. I will probably write more about it in my next post, for I'm running out of time... again.

The next day, we wanted to spend a few hours in Verona before leaving to Rome, but due to several unexpected incidents, we could hardly spend an hour there... but believe me, it was one of the coolest hours of this trip so far. We made our way through the masses of tourists and local people and beautiful women, and reached the house of Juliet (Romeo and Juliet) where we followed the tradition that finds place there: rubbing the right breast of Juliet for good luck or something like that. After that, we had to go back to the station, and got lost, and a few of us disappeared, and missed two trains, but we finally arrived to Rome at 23.30.

Rome is also a very cool city, there are many monuments worth seeing, many shops worth buying at, at many other things worth doing. I would need a whole post to write about Rome, so I think I'll do it another day (= very few minutes before our train leaves!).

Anyways, in just minutes we'll be going on our longest trip by train (more than 12 hours!), and if the force is with us, we'll be in Paris enjoying a good cup of coffee and a croissant by tomorrow morning.

So, it's time to go (again) and I guess I shall say: Ciao Bella Italia!