My Story

jueves, marzo 20, 2008

A quick update on what I've been up to...

I just finished writing a whole bunch of Easter postcards and eating around 4 servings of ratatouille (yup, I tried a new recipe today and I was hungry), and now I feel like writing about these past days.

Like I might have said before, I started working at a Spanish restaurant here in Karlsruhe as a waiter; last Tuesday I had the afternoon/evening shift and I cycled home... apparently, riding a bike in the cold and not wearing a scarf plus being very tired can cause you to get a cold. I got one. Anyways, I woke up the next day with a sore throat and today (that'd be Thursday) I finally went to the doctor, and I should be fine by Sunday.

Today we also bought a new second hand wash machine for our apartment; the one we had was very old and the door handle was broken. We had to drive until a town in the middle of nowhere, load, drive back, unload, carry it to the second floor, install, carry the old one down, load, and drive to an appliance dump... or something like that. The test run for the wash machine went pretty well too (we washed some rug we had in the shower room). Now we have to find an oven.

The weather has been pretty crappy lately: it's either windy, or rainy or both. I wish it snowed here.

So, that's it for now. I'll try to post more often in English, otherwise I'll start to forget the language.

Etiquetas: